IBU is seeking a new Race Director: IBU Cup
The IBU Cup Biathlon series is the second highest international biathlon event series, after the BMW IBU World Cup Biathlon series.
The series is made up of eight (8) events per season plus the peak season event, the IBU Open European Championships, which are held in addition.
Work start: September 1, 2018 or earlier
- Event leadership of all IBU Cup Biathlon events, IBU Open European Championships and IBU Summer Biathlon World Championships
- Preparation, coordination and conduct of the above events
- This includes: pre-inspections, advertising issues, leading sport-technical role on site, and cooperation with the IBU TD and IBU Referees
- Main contact person for Organizing Committees of the events mentioned above
- Sport administrative tasks, especially during the summertime (for example in connection with the IBU Technical Committee)
- Other tasks as instructed by the IBU Sport Director
- IBU IR license (International Referee), i.e. excellent knowledge of the IBU Event and Competition Rules
- Proven practical and theoretical knowledge of biathlon
- Strong willingness to travel
- Language skills: excellent ENG skills, and at least one more language fluently (more languages are preferred but not required)
- Strong administrative skills (especially during the summer)
- Very good MS Office skills
- Team player/Ability to work as part of the IBU sports team and with colleagues from other departments
- Main/daily work location (while not travelling): Salzburg/AUT
The selection process will begin in May and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested persons should submit their application documents (incl. full CV, certificates etc.) and an indication of their desired salary level by e-mail to Felix Bitterling, IBU Sports Director: email@example.com.